Friday, May 16, 2014

Husband and Wife Get Close To Jesus

This came my way on Facebook.
Not sure where it came from, otherwise I would give credit. 
Its pretty cool actually. 
When a husband and wife get close to Jesus
They get closer to each other. 
I can speak from personal experience on this one. 
I have been married 27 years 
to the best man ever! 
God could not have picked a better spouse for me. 
We have known each other 33 years! 
I've known him most of my life as we met right out of my 
graduating high school year. 
Both of us were raised Catholic
But since have been to a few different denominational churches in our 33 years
and we have landed at this point in our life at a Lutheran Church. 
I have to honestly say for us, NOW, it isn't about what church we belong to,
Its about our relationship with Christ. 
 
My walk was a bit ahead of my husbands. 
I had a spiritual mom who took me by the hand at 16 and said
This is the prayer you are going to pray, repeat after me! 
I did, and wasn't to sure what I was saying or praying!
But oh so thankful that she lead me down that path! 
Once God got a hold of my heart, He never let go
And my love to learn about him started then. 
I prayed for my husband from that time 
1 Peter 3:1
And prayed for myself, that I be an example to my husband. 
How do you do that? 
study!!
I have been in studies since the age of 25
and I love my bible study groups. 
Over the years they have been serious studies, 
Laid back studies, long studies, short studies. 
I never tire of learning about the Lord. 
And all that time I prayed that God would equally yoke my husband and I. 
2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers
My husband gave his life to Christ a few years after my prayer
And when he did it was quiet and personal
Special for both of us.
My husband and I both have always believed in Christ
 but I worship differently. 
We still worship differently (I like to raise my hands and sing) 
But we have come so close to God by walking together in this path called faith. 
 
We are now after 27 years of marriage reaching the top of this pyramid!
We are becoming more equally yoked because we both realize the importance of Christ First
When we seek God in all things in our marriage
 and are faithful, we are blessed. 
Galatians 5:22-23 says, “The fruit of the Spirit is faithfulness.”
 
By walking this life together with Christ first
We have grown close
We talk about things more
Enjoy each other more than ever before
Not that we didn't 33 years ago
But now it is so deep and intimate
It is calm, real, honest
Everything about marriage has been enriched. 

Walking with Christ one on one is personal and special
But when you are married and you and your spouse agree on 
Who Christ is
Why He is THE MOST important factor in your marriage
Why you should ALWAYS in all things put HIM above anything else
That includes Job, Children, Family, Friends
Oh what a blessing He will give you!! 

Married life is intended to be a blessing from the Lord! 
Pray for your marriage today
For your spouse
That you walk together towards Him
And in Him, grow

 
 

No comments: