Monday, February 3, 2014

 Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God,
 who loved me and gave himself for me.


If I believe in my faith, in my God, then it is not I who lives my life, but Christ in me.
Therefore, at times, I should wait on the Lord.
Wait for His timing, His word to move.
7 years ago, the Lord brought me to a place of quiet waters.
It was a move I, we, would have never made unless we did it on the Lords timing.
And it was His perfect timing.
I believe with every breath I take that the Lord leads us and gives us direction, if we allow.
The hard part is sitting and waiting on the Lord.
It is very easy to act on emotion.
But when we act on emotions, is that what God wants?
Is that His plan or ours?
If I were to act on emotion, I would be there already.
I would have ran ahead with no thought, no time to stop and pray.  
But is it where God wants me?
Is He there in the midst of my emotion at that moment?
Maybe He has a bigger plan.
A plan to heal.
A plan to restore.
Maybe not physically, but within relations. 
Sometimes, our place is to sit quietly and pray.
To ask the Holy Spirit to let us  know when the time to get up and run is near.
Sometimes our presence might hinder what God Almighty has in motion.
Our time might come later, when the storm has calmed.
As I wait for the moment, I wait in the Presence of the Lord.
I trust He will guide me.
I trust He will let me know the time has come to go.
And when that time is His, not mine, I will be there.
And my rightful place, in the Lord, will work according to His plan, not mine.
There is a bigger picture at play than what I feel at the moment.
There are others that need to feel their calm waters in the Lord,
and know what it is like to sit in His Almighty Presence.
My place is to pray for them, and their still waters. 

May the God of the universe
The One who created each and every one of us
Be present this day
In the midst of the pain, the struggle, the wait
May He calm the waters so that we see Him on the waves
May we open our eyes to The One who has written the plan long before we knew how to read
May his ever Gracious and Loving arms move us along and tell us when to sit
When to stand
When to run
When to pray
When to wait
And when our wait is done
When it is time to go
Let us go with Him at our side
Leading, Lighting the path for us

We don't understand the 'whys' this side of Heaven
It is not ours to understand
One day
He makes it all clear and the puzzle He started long ago, comes together
And if we take our rightful place and wait on Him to show us our place
Then all is right with the world

Sit, Be Calm, in His Mighty Presence today
Wait on His Timing and not your own
And when He calls, go
And know that when we wait on Him
All is right



No comments: