Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Get your New Name John 14:2-3


 John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

 Lately I have been thinking about Heaven. I have had at least 3 friends or know of at least 3 people who died this week alone. Its overwhelming. My family is dealing with the upcoming loss of a loved one. As we watch him fight the good fight, we are left with pain, sadness, joy that he is fighting, but heartbreaking sorrow as we watch a body of flesh submit to disease. Everyone should fall asleep and die. It should be that easy. 

So this heartache has made me think about heaven. 
What waits on the other side?
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord, so I know that Heaven awaits me. 
For the bible tells us, Believe in Him, Jesus Christ, that He is the Son of God, who died for your sins and rose from the dead on the 3rd day to save us. He is the Son of Joseph and Mary and was given by His Father to save the world from sin. One day, He will claim what is His and all that follow and believe will sit in heaven with Him. It says so in that verse above, I will come again and take you to myself...oh what a beautiful sight that is!!!

God created all things, maybe heaven is like the beauty that God designed, only with His son there with him, waiting, bringing his followers to Him and building up His kingdom in Heaven. I would like to think that the door is something like the one in this picture. 
Each door different, like the room behind it. If Jesus creates a room for each one of us upon our passing, what must our door look like? Mine would be pink, I think, as it is one of my favorite colors. It would be very pretty decorated and make me want to open it to see what is on the other side. 
What awaits on the other side? My mind has gone there a lot these last few weeks................... 

the bible says, 
Rev 2:17 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone that no one knows except the one who receives it."

We get to hear what the spirit says to the churches!! And the one who conquers (death ) He gives manna, which I have always wondered about. Food from God Himself! It is fulfilling enough to be my only food! God would make manna, a food that is all we need. In our perfect new bodies in Christ, why would we need anything else but the perfect food of God! 
And the white stone!! With a NEW NAME that only Jesus himself and I know!!! 
Oh what Joy that Jesus Himself gives me a white stone with a new name for me and Him to know! 
Can you picture it!? What might my new name be?? I've never been 100% thrilled with my earthly name, so maybe my new name, given by Jesus himself, well, I will for sure like that name!!

 I walk through this door, this beautiful door and on the other side.....
oh the other side............. Its beautiful and white, (Lite by Jesus himself)
  1 John 1:5 says  "This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." 
So heaven is NOT dark, God Himself lights heaven!! Never darkness, never!!
So we enter this Light....So beautiful that on this side of Heaven, we can't even imagine what this light is like. 

 I have a feeling we are busy in heaven, at least when we arrive! There are loved ones who have gone before us, the light, the room, but there, in the Light, like no other light we have ever seen in this world, there is LIGHT and the Light, is Jesus. And we step forward......do we Bow? Kneel? Sing Praises? Or stand in Awe at the Light? 

Whatever we do, we do it in the presence of God Almighty, His Son, Jesus Christ. 
And when we do, He is standing there, with a white stone.
And on the stone is a name, our New Heavenly name that only Him and I know! 


I would like to imagine that He pulls me to Him and puts His arm around me and says, "My child, I am so glad you are here, I've been waiting, and made your room. Before we go, I have a present for you. A name, A new name under your new Life in Me." 

And he presents me my White Stone! 
As He puts the stone in my hand, I see the scar, the one left by me
I go to touch it and He puts His hand over mine and says, "Because you believed, You are Mine" 

 I look at my stone, its as light as a feather and as bright as His Light! 
It feels like nothing I have ever felt in my earthly life. 
I turn it in my hand, and there, is my New Name In Christ! 
The very thing I have been waiting for in my earthly body is now happening! 
I have entered into the Presence of God Himself. 
This vision I have had, this love of Christ is now in front of me and giving me yet another gift........
My New Name! 

The table is set, the manna is prepared, the room is waiting.....Go, be in the presence of God Almighty Himself! When He calls us, when the time is His and His alone, we need to go. Claim our seat with our Father who has called us His.....When we see the Light..............Go...............Be in His Presence....................Get your New Name!




 

No comments: